The Igreja de São Lourenço is a church located in São Lourenço, in the parish of Almancil, in the Algarve, Portugal. Dating from the late 17th century, it is devoted to Lourenço de Huesca. The interior lining of the whole church deserves special mention, with tiles dating from 1730 and signed by Policarpo de Oliveira Bernardes, illustrating various episodes in the life of S. Lourenço.
Its architectural line of a single nave and the decoration are of Baroque style, with sculpted and gilded altarpieces, and decorative details on the triumphal door and the internal part of the dome, entirely covered with tiles, like the rest of the interior. The tiles came from Lisbon in 1730, and illustrate the life of São Lourenço de Huesca. It also has images from the 17th and 18th centuries. The sacristy has magnificent carved furniture.
In addition to the impressive impact caused by the tiles, it is worth mentioning the gilded altarpiece of the chancel, in Baroque style, and attributed to the master Manuel Martins, the greatest carver and sculptor in the Algarve and who was also the author of the image of São Lourenço who there it is.